Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"Nicole" To Testify Tomorrow

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Nicole" covers her ears while listening to a testimony, June 9. (sketches mine)

The 22-year old Filipina who accused four American servicemen of rape is ready to testify tomorrow at the Makati Regional Trial Court in what is a major key point in the trial.

The victim's lawyer, Atty. Evalyn Ursua, said they have rehearsed what could happen during the direct and cross examinations which will start tomorrow.

"In the sessions, I pretend to be a defense lawyer. I shout at her. I try to intimidate her. Sometimes she forgets that I'm her lawyer," Ursua said.

Ursua said that "Nicole" (not her real name) knows that she has to do it however strenous the testimony can be.

"She told me that it's a fight for her and her family's dignity," Ursua said.

No comments: