Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Justice Secretary Raul Gonzalez: "I'm Back!"

Justice Secretary Raul Gonzalez faced the media yesterday after his successful kidney transplant operation.

"I'm back!" he smilingly said to reporters who visited him at his home in Pasig City.

His wife, Dr. Pacita Gonzalez and daughter Dr. Marigold stood behind the secretary.

Gonzalez said he would be back at the department in December. He would have to undergo physical theraphy because of his wobbly knees.

He said that it was President Arroyo who wanted him to go back to the DOJ. "She visited me and told me there were a lot who were lobbying for the position. But she rejected all of them and told them she wants me to stay," he said.

Gonzalez thanked his kindey donor, Muroy Gunay, his driver of thirty years. "That's a sign of loyalty," Gonzalez said.

No comments: